Sunday, March 14, 2010

Aircraft Nose Art

I really love the aircraft nose art of WWII. I think its great because it showed the individuality of the men that flew and maintained these machines, even during a time of anxiety and death. Also, the cool ones were mostly naked women. That's nice too. Anyway, I am guessing that some of you like the Americana/pinup art as much as I do, so I will show you some of my favorites.



B-29 Superfortress

B-17G Flying Fortress


B-29

?


B-26C Invader


While it is not "Nose Art", this is just too cool. And I don't even like Budweiser.

And to close, the famous "Memphis Belle" the first B-17 to complete 25 missions over Fortress Europe

2 comments:

  1. I too love the nose art! Good one Mr Kevlar

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Bikini Red" nose art is from a UH-1 of the 170th Assault Helicopter Company, US Army, circa 1967.

    http://www.170thahc.org/Html/Bikinis.html

    ReplyDelete